The Application Scientist is responsible for customer requirements analysis, development of the lab management system and data analysis in bioscience area. The role will involve the use of new and novel software and data analysis technology to deliver customer better digital solutions for lab management and biological big data analysis.
- Understand biological workflow and provide technical support on bio-science and bioinformatics.
- Conduct pre-sales application communication and POCs involving applications and solutions.
- Take part in the development of biological lab information management system and bioinformatics data analysis solutions.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of software applications development in biological area.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Product Marketing, and Engineering as needed during the development, launch and continuing refinement of products.
- MS or Ph.D. in Cell and Molecule Biology, Bioinformatics or a related field. Knowledge of cell culture and cell therapy is a plus.
- Basic knowledge in computer science is a distinct advantage.
- Experience with Python/Perl/R/Java is a plus.
- Good people / communication skills to interface with the user community, their management and IT.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) both in English and Mandarin. Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal, relationship building, and planning/prioritization skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required combined with an independent work ethic.
- Open to learning and being proactive.
Please click here to email me.